Hi! Welcome to Grow Happy! Grow Happy is a place where you can explore information about child and youth development, learn about available resources, chat with the experts, and consider a consultation with me– a developmental specialist– to get support for your family life or your child’s school.
My name is Amy Bishop and I’ve been working with children and their families for over 10 years. For my undergraduate degree I went to The University of Western Ontario to complete the honours specialization program in developmental psychology. Afterwards, I attained a Master’s degree from The University of Victoria. Earlier this year, I obtained my certificate in cognitive behavioural therapy, with a focus in child and youth mental health.
I have had the pleasure of supporting children in a variety of settings such as daycares, research studies, early intervention programs, short-term care, and most recently, as an emotional behavioural specialist in the education system. I have worked with children in infancy, youths in high school, and all of the ages in-between. Many of my clients hold a cognitive, physical, emotional, or developmental diagnosis, but that is not a requirement to receive services.
My practice is child/family centred and I strongly believe that all infants, children, and youth should have fair and reasonable access to opportunities that encourage success, despite any challenges they face.
My additional qualifications include:
- Violent Risk and Threat Assessment Level 1 & Level 2 Certification
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certification
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training Certification
- Go-To Mental Health Educator
- Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans, Course on Research Ethics
- Stanford University Child Nutrition Course
- Red Cross Standard First Aid and CPR “C”
Want to know more about me and what I do? Just send me a note. I’d love to chat!